Photo By Robert Przybysz at Shutterstock
Laser skin treatments are becoming increasingly common as they are widely accessible, mostly pain free, and non-surgical. Some of the common treatments include laser skin resurfacing, skin lightening, and hair removal.
The biggest attraction people, especially women, have with these laser treatments is that they are convenient and help get rid of unwanted facial hair, excessive hair growth, uneven skin tone, sun damage, wrinkles, acne, and a number of other skin issues.
Surgical procedures are not only painful, but they also have long recovery times as compared to laser skin treatments. The truth, nonetheless, is that laser treatments are not the perfect solution either. There are potential risks to laser skin treatments as well. Here are the benefits and risks of the most common laser skin treatments that you need to talk to your dermatologist in the Keller, TX area, about before opting for laser treatment.
Laser Skin Resurfacing
Ablative and non-ablative are two types of skin surfacing methods. Ablative laser skin resurfacing is the treatment in which the top layer of damaged skin is removed and the underlying healthy layer of skin is revealed. This procedure also stimulates collagen production in the skin and is used to improve skin tone and texture.
Non-ablative laser skin resurfacing, on the other hand, is the one in which the laser targets the deeper layer of the sin and fixes broken blood vessels. This helps in improving skin pigmentation and wrinkles.
The reasons why people consider and go for laser skin resurfacing are:
- It lightens the skin tone and helps in skin whitening. The treatment is also used to even out skin pigmentation
- The laser helps smooth wrinkles and tightens the skin. The layers that are saggy are shed off and new healthier skin is revealed.
- The treatment is long-lasting. Both ablative and non-ablative procedures have permanent results
- The treatment is pain free with little or no recovery time
- It is non-surgical, which means that clients don’t have to worry about surgery scars, side-effects, or long recovery periods
- The laser gives the skin a glow as it reduces oversized pores
There could be potential risks to the laser skin resurfacing procedure. The most effective way to avoid these risks is to ensure that you are going to a professional and skilled dermatologist.
- If the laser used is too powerful, it will end up causing potentially lasting side-effects. These side-effects can include permanent lightening or darkening of the skin, cold sores, scars, or others. This is why you must ensure that you go to a qualified and experienced dermatologist for the treatment.
- Possible side-effects could be redness, irritation, or temporary skin discoloration that will require medication. If not cared for properly, the reaction of the laser could get worse.
Laser Hair Removal
Laser hair removal is one of the most common procedures for which women visit dermatologists. It is a reasonably easier and simple way to get rid of unwanted hair permanently. Most women find it much more convenient than waxing and shaving. Laser hair removal techniques use electrolysis through which super-fine needles are inserted into the hair follicle to kill the follicle. The procedure is not so painful and is a permanent solution to hair growth. Here are the pros and cons.
- In comparison to other hair removal techniques, laser hair removal is very fast and simple. Even though your dermatologist will tell you the exact number of sessions you need after assessing the target area, skin type, and few other factors, it is usually faster.
- The results are long-lasting. This is good news for every woman as waxing and shaving are required every few weeks, which can be highly inconvenient. With laser hair removal, the results are long-lasting, such as at least 12 months or more. After a few continuous sessions, there are chances that the hair never grows at all.
- The sessions are simple and exact. Your dermatologistwill guide you through the procedure, which is usually exact and doesn’t require a lot of time. Theywill work with precision and ensure that the skin around is not damaged.
- If your dermatologistis not professionally trained, the laser hair removal can backfire, leaving red spots on your skin.
- Other risks include swollen or itchy skin.
- If the laser beam is even slightly misbalanced, it can cause permanent damage to the skin
- If the skin is exposed to the sun after the treatment, the UV rays can cause cancerous cells to ignite
While the potential risks with laser skin treatments can be reduced or eliminated, one major disadvantage is that these treatments are highly costly. Not everyone can afford these treatments as it costs hundreds of dollars for every session.
If you are looking for affordable and professional laser skin treatments, you can find the best dermatologist in the Keller, TX area, at Compassion Dermatology.
Our skincare experts are trained and will ensure that the customer is satisfied. We encourage open communication between the client and the consultant so that the client knows what they are going through. Compassion Dermatology in the Keller, TX area, also ensure that the client is aware of all the potential risks involved. If you are looking for the best laser treatments in Keller, TX contact 817-380-5911 today!