Dermatology is more than just skin deep. Most people often tend to overlook the importance of dermatology. It is the study of diseases associated with the skin. Skin is the largest part of the human body and the most exposed to risks.
Skin diseases aren’t taken seriously by many physicians in other specialities; however, they can be life threatening as they have the potential to cause immense psychological, physical and economical damages. This is where dermatology in the Alliance Keller area comes in to protect your skin from harm.
Skin diseases are often misunderstood. However, they are more prevalent than any other type of disease.Statistics of 2013 show that one in four Americans required treatment for a skin condition in that year. Skin diseases were more prevalent in Americans over the age of 65. Moreover, treatment of these skin diseases accounted up to $75 billion in medical and drug costs.
Dermatology in Alliance stresses upon the seriousness of skin diseases. If not treated properly, they can prove to be fatal. This is because skin diseases affect other organs. Thus, if a skin disease is left untreated, it can lead to a host of other issues. For example, a skin condition such as psoriasis is associated with heart disease and diabetes.
Even though, dermatology in Alliance is a basic need, many people don’t know much about the importance of dermatologists. Here is a look at what dermatology entails and the kind of skin conditions treated by dermatologists:
- The primary function of dermatologists in Alliance is to treat skin disorders. This includes a wide range of disorders such as psoriasis, allergic reactions, eczema, lupus, acne, hair and nail disorders. Moreover, they also help with the treatment of skin cancer by surgically removing the cancerous cells. Apart from that, dermatologists in Alliance engage in cosmetic procedures for the enhancement of different skin features as well.
- Many internal diseases can be identified through signs showing up on the skin. For example, signs of pigmentation on the fingernails is a sign of arsenic poisoning; dry and scaly skin is an indication of hypothyroidism; liver failure becomes evident by the yellowing of the skin; rashes are a sign of lupus; red bumps on the surface of the joints of the skin indicate dermatomyositis; and soft tissues are often a sign of Cowden’s syndrome. Dermatology in the Alliance Keller area diagnoses the internal problems of the body and gets them treated at an earlier stage.
- Sexually transmitted diseases are often hard to identify. However, with the help of a dermatologist, these diseases can be diagnosed and treated.
- Dermatologists in the Alliance Keller area can treat skin-related emergencies as well, such as the formation of blisters or itchy skin. Moreover, rashes often manifest as a reaction to certain drugs or autoimmune diseases that need to be treated immediately.
- Skin diseases can have a psychological impact on individuals. People who have cardiac or renal diseases or diabetes don’t show any outward signs of their disease. On the other hand, people with chronic skin diseases such as eczema, psoriasis, vitiligo and acne be conscious about their appearance, which can adversely affect their confidence and quality of life. This is why dermatology in the Alliance Keller area is important; to treat skin issues before they start having a major psychological impact on a person.
- Melanoma is a deadly form of skin cancer that doesn’t manifest itself at an earlier stage. It can occur in people of all ages and skin tones/types. This is why anyone can be prone to developing melanoma. The symptoms can be diagnosed and treated at an early stage through the services of dermatology in the Alliance Keller area, which is why regular checkups to a dermatologist are extremely important.
- People often overspend on their skincare routine by getting pricey facials and using specialized creams that promise a reduction in pores and improvement in skin tone. However, it is important to consult a dermatologist in Alliance before using any skin care product. This is because many skin care products contain harmful chemicals that have the potential to damage the skin, especially if you have sensitive skin.
- Although a dermatologist can treat different skin conditions, they cannot change your skin condition overnight. Different treatments involve a specified procedure and making changes to one’s lifestyle, which is why the results start to show in time. Until then, dermatologists expect their patients to be patient with the treatments.
The field of dermatology in the Alliance Keller area is vast. It encompasses many treatments. If you notice any issues with your skin or experience symptoms of a disease, make sure to consult a dermatologist immediately.
Those seeking cosmetic procedures can also consult a dermatologist. Moreover, people who want to examine their skin for the possibility of skin cancer can also take help from a dermatologist. Hence, dermatology is more than skin deep and can help you deal with a range of skin conditions.
Compassion Dermatology has a network of specialized dermatologists in Alliance Keller area, who are proficient in diagnosing and treating all types of skin conditions.