Every person wants to live, but no one wants to age; youthful, clean and a flawless skin is every aging person’s goal! Collagen induction therapy can help you achieve the skin that will make you look years younger than your actual age.
Collagen induction therapy or micro-needling therapy, is a minimally-invasive and a non-surgical procedure for skin rejuvenation. It is considered to be one of the safest and natural therapies by the dermatologists in Keller, TX.
What is collagen?
Collagens are one of the most abundant proteins found in a human body. They are responsible for the skin’s strength and elasticity.
As we grow older the production of these proteins slowdown, as a result the signs of aging start appearing on our skin.
How does micro-needling help?
This therapy is carried out mostly using a derma-roller; a simple cylindrical drum studded device with micro-needles which can be rolled onto the skin.
The collagen induction therapy uses a derma-roller, to create tiny punctures on the skin that create micro-wounds. This controlled damage triggers the natural response of the body to heal itself.
The body heals these micro-wounds on the skin by producing collagens, as a result new skin cells are generated and the skin dramatically looks healthier and smoother. The procedure can be understood by the images below.
From light to deep penetration, the size of the needle will depend on the treatment you are looking for.
- Light penetration is done to create enough space for the molecules of the treatment serum to enter the skin.
- Mid penetrations are beneficial for healing the superficial damage caused by the sun and to improve the skin tone and texture.
- Deeper penetrations can improve stretch marks, wrinkles, skin tightening and scars.
These levels are prescribed by the dermatologists in Keller, TX.
Is the therapy painful?
Yes the process is slightly painful, and your skin might get red during the treatment; you may also face slight bleeding due to the needles. A topical numbing gel can be used to lessen the pain.
What to do and expect?
If you are looking to opt for this therapy there are certain thing you should keep in mind:
- An antiviral medication is recommended before getting this therapy to reduce the possibility of an infection as a result of the therapy.
- It is advised to refrain from using retinoid products. There should be a gap of at least 2 days before you can start using them.
2. During therapy
- The procedure is a bit painless but can easily be tolerated.
- It can take up to an hour to complete this procedure depending on the area being targeted and the severity of the skin condition.
- No type of topical creams or makeup should be applied on the day of the procedure.
- A numbing topical gel is applied by the medical expert to make the procedure painless as much as possible.
- A minimum six week gap between two treatments is recommended. As natural collagen takes this much duration to form.
- Keep this in mind due to the micro-wounds your skin will turn red and might even bleed.
- Depending on the intensity of the treatment, your face will appear bruised and red.
- You may experience a slight burning sensation, similar to that of sunburn.
- You may experience mild swelling.
- After two or three days, the redness and the swelling will subside and your face will become a bit pinkish in color.
- It is recommended by the dermatologist in Keller, TX, to protect yourself from the sun for several weeks after the treatment.
- Anti-biotic creams should be used in case of skin infection.
- The results will show up after 2 weeks and will continue up till 8 months.
- The process is slow, but dramatically effective in a long run.
How many treatments are required?
As per the dermatologists in Keller, TX, the number of treatments a person needs depend upon their skin condition. For normal scars, 4 treatments are enough, while 5 to 6 treatments are recommended in case of more severe scars.
Dermatologists in Keller, TX recommend 1 to 3 treatments to fight the wrinkle, every year.
Benefits of the therapy
These are the following benefits of collagen induction therapy:
- A completely natural process.
- Suitable for people with thin and sensitive skin.
- A cost-effective therapy.
- This can be performed near eyes and other places where laser treatment is not recommended.
- A lower risk of hyper-pigmentation.
Possible side effects
While this is a very safe procedure, but as per the dermatologists in Keller, TX, few patients may experience some of the side effects listed below:
- Some patients experience swelling on the treated area during recovery phase.
- Some patients develop infections, especially those who are prone to cold sores.
- Patients may experience mild acne flares.
- Some patients develop milia which can be removed easily.
Is this therapy for you?
Well, if you want:
- Wrinkle free skin
- Well toned and smooth skin
- Scar free skin
- Acne free skin
- Baby smooth skin
- Reduced stretch marks
- Reduced burn marks
Then this is the treatment that the dermatologists in Keller, TX, will advise you to go for because of its long-lasting results.
This is one of the best options available today and at the same time it is the most natural treatment as well. By making the body heal itself you can regenerate smoother and younger looking skin. The pain this process causes can be a downside, but it is a small price to pay for the multiple benefits of the micro-needling therapy.
We at Compassion Dermatology make sure that you get the best of both worlds. Our expert skin therapists will make sure that you get this treatment in the most professional and comfortable manner possible. Book your appointment today.