Photo by New Africa at Shutterstock
When you have a serious skin condition, it can be very damaging to your self-esteem. It’s particularly bad when other people can see it and judge you based on your appearance. If you feel nervous about setting up your first Keller, TX dermatology appointment, don’t be! The right dermatologic team is caring and compassionate, two things that make you feel right at home when seeking treatment options.
It Starts with One Phone Call or Email
This guide is one that you’ll return to regularly because of the valuable information that it contains. It helps acquaint you with dermatologic services and prepares you for your initial consultation. It provides valuable insight into what to expect when meeting with a dermatology team and dermatologist for the first time. By the time you’ve finished reading it, you’ll be more than ready to tackle the task at hand by getting your very first appointment scheduled without delay.
Here is what to expect from your first Keller, TX dermatology appointment:
- Fill out the forms on the website to bring with you to your consultation with the dermatologist. There are two to six to complete. You can also email them to Compassion Dermatology. We must have them on file before seeing you and treating you. It allows us to build a medical history on you that we can reference at future appointments with your doctor.
- If you’re an unaccompanied minor, please have the Minor Consent to Treat form available, too. It states that your parents have given their explicit consent to the treatment you’ll be receiving from the dermatologist. If you are underage, we cannot see you without the form. It, too, is available on our website under the category of ‘Your First Appointment.’ You’ll want to print it out and bring it in with you unless you have the option to scan it and send it to us by email three days before your appointment.
- Arrive at our office at least 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment time. It allows us plenty of time to get you checked in so that we can make sure that you’ve completed all of the forms entirely before you see the dermatologist. It gives the doctor a chance to finish up with other patients, too, before seeing you.
- Bring your insurance card with you to enter into the system along with the rest of your paperwork. When it comes time to bill you for your visit, we contact your insurance company to cover the portion of the appointment that your co-pay doesn’t cover. The receptionist often makes a copy of the card or enters it into the database for future visits. If your insurance changes for any reason between your first and follow-up appointments, you must let us know to bill the right provider.
- Note that your initial consultation is a time for asking questions and seeking advice. If you have specific things you want to ask your dermatologist, it’s important that you know what they are in advance. That way, you get everything you can from your dermatology appointment. It may help to write them down on a piece of paper or create a note on your phone, so you don’t forget what they are currently. The more you know about the doctor and dermatology office, the more comfortable you feel having them treat your skin condition.
- Once we set you up in the system, you can access the Patient Portal to read notes left by the dermatologist. If you’re the type of person that appreciates doing things online, you’ll love being able to access information after your appointment through the Patient Portal located on our website. It puts the power of patient advocacy into your hands. It also allows you to pay any remaining balance left on your account by debit or credit card after seeing the doctor. We make things as comfortable as possible for you so that you’re able to take care of all of your needs by visiting our website if it’s your preferred way of gathering knowledge from us.
- We treat you with kindness and respect at all times. It’s vital that you feel like we treat you with care during every visit you make to our office. We know how much courage it takes to treat a skin condition that has been highly problematic for you. Know that you’ll get the care that you deserve when you schedule an appointment to see us. We get to know you as a person to help you achieve the goals you’ve set for yourself in treating your skin.
Having a dermatologist that you trust to visit is imperative to the health of your skin. It makes you more confident of the professional’s ability to help you with your condition. You don’t put off appointments because you’re nervous or feel like they don’t help you in any way. Instead, you get the service scheduled quickly, so you’re able to benefit from having access to the treatments and medications that you need to eliminate or reduce the effects of your skin problem.
Get the help that you deserve by scheduling your initial consultation with a dermatologist without delay. Putting it off only makes things worse. When you have a team of caring medical professionals by your side, it’s empowering. It allows you to get the help that you need and deserve when dealing with your skin.
Set Up Your First Appointment with a Caring Dermatological Team of Professionals Today
Compassion Dermatology in Keller, TX, is here to help you with your request for assistance in seeing a dermatologist. We make scheduling your first appointment fast and easy. You can call 817-380-5911 or email email@example.com. Whatever way you choose to reach out to us, know that you’ll get an expedient response so we can get your initial consultation booked without delay.
It’s important that we’re able to assist you with your request on time. The sooner you reach out to us for a dermatology appointment, the better. Letting us know more about your condition helps us provide as much information to the doctor as possible before your visit. That way, they’re prepared to assist you in a way that feels comfortable and convenient for you.